With Pitufinos new firmware, more autopilots are supported (Garmin “Reactor”, Simrad AC42), the sailing instruments web app got a 24h logbook and AIS-target list and many more improvements.
Firmware updates are regularly offered for even more features and wider support. No need to hesitate–updating is as simple as it gets! Just download the firmware-zip-file at https://www.pitufa.at/pitufino/ and store it on your device. Afterwards connect to your Pitufino and enter the Webinterface. Go to the menu and click on the Firmware Update Icon.
In the Firmware Update Center you will be able the search for your previously downloaded firmware-files. Select the whole unpacked folder and click enter. Now you can click on the update button right underneath. This process can take a few minutes. After updating the interface will tell you to wait until your pitufino is rebooted.
Now your Pitufino is fully up to date!
Changes since V1.4.5:
- fixed glitch in distance calculation when crossing 180-degree longitude (e.g. for SOG averages)
- modified WP PGNs for N2k: EV-1 pilots with older firmware should accept those now (when converting from NMEA0183, e.g. from OpenCPN)
- support for Simrad AC42 pilots
- support for Garmin ‘Reactor’ pilots (readback of wind angle not implemented yet)
- sync clock from web app if no other GPS date/time input
- more thorough software reset after firmware update and reboot or restoring factory default
- Sailing instruments web app got 24h logbook and AIS-target list, Time-to-Waypoint in data selector
- Multi instrument: Time-to-Waypoint, fixed trip-log reset buttons
- N2k source filters got ‘block’ option (if no N2k devices should be used for a particular kind of data)
- several data-sanity checks
- Pos, COG&SOG, HDG, ROT and Attitude for streams are downsampled now (20Hz sensors cause a lot of data)
- removed TCP server for NMEA2000 stream in Actisense NGT-1 format
- improved memory usage for increased stability
- limitted own Wi-Fi access point to 5 devices
- conversion N2k to 0183: also HDT is sent if config option to create deprecated sentences is set
- several minor improvements